Infographics used to be something that people think will be helpful but it has slowly started to gain popularity over the years. Right now, people know that a lot of business owners use this to help their organizations grow and improve.
What is an infographic anyway? This is a clear and realistic way of showing information without making the audience feel bored about what they are going to see. There are a lot of people who are going through so many things at the same time. Their fast-paced life means that they would like to get the information that they want easily and immediately. Some people would need a lot of data but they do not have the patience to get all the data that they need.
You can see a perfect example of how important visuals are in this article. Without seeing the people and faces behind each of the success stories featured, it just wouldn’t have the same effect. Not matter what industry you are working in, or what you are talking about — visuals are so important!
It will be difficult for anyone to go through a lot of statistics and numbers especially if they are not particularly interested. The best thing that you can do is to design the right infographics that people would love to check.
Designing Infographics Effectively
How can you correctly design infographics? You may want to check out some of these tips so that you will come up with something that people would genuinely want to see and read:
- Keep things simple. You need to condense the data and information about your company and make sure that you will come up with the right visual representation so that it can be interpreted properly. They should look at the design and not become confused with all the data that you will place. Do not make it too colorful or it may end up being confusing.
- Make things universal so that it can be appreciated by anyone. This means that you need to use images and other icons that people will generally understand. Since a lot of people are online, they will probably be more familiar with the different icons that you will use.
- Do not imitate something that you have seen. You may be impressed with an infographic that you have seen before but imitating will not do anything good for your company.
When creating any type of infographic, it’s important to make sure the content pops off the page and that they represent your brand well. The last thing you want is for your infographic to get a lot of exposure, but then no one knows who created or what the brand messaging or identity is. You can see a nice selection of high quality infographic here.
What if You Are Not a Graphic Designer?
What if you are not a graphic designer? What are you supposed to do? There are certain applications and programs that you can download on your device that will allow you to create catchy and very appealing infographics on your own. Canva is a popular free tool for creating images and infographics online. You can research the different programs that are available as the details will surely help.
Other freelance marketplaces like LogoMyWay, Fiverr, 99Designs or FreelanceMyWay are all great for finding high-quality designers. It might take some time to test and order projects from different designers before you find a clear winning. However, once you find a good one, you can keep going back to that same designer time and time again.
Creating Infographics and Whiteboard Explainer Videos
No that we’ve discussed the many different ways you can start using infographics to relate with new audiences and increase social activity, we should also touch on the importance of video content creation as well. Just like how infographics work extremely well because of their visual content, video works even better!
The main problem with video is that most people aren’t sure how to get started. Anyone can use Canva to quickly create an infographic, but video content creation and marketing is a little different. The options are there to outsource the process, hire a video design team, or find an online solution that can do the work for you.
Personally, we are big fans of finding a video content creation tool that can do the work for us. mySimpleShow is a perfect example of a drag and drop solution that makes the process of online video quite simple. Anyone can create an account, pick and choose the visuals they want to add, then add in some text and they are ready to go!
In the short video above, you can see how simple it is to create an explainer video through the tool. If you already have all of the data collected for your infographic, why not just create a quick video with it as well. Best of all, once you post the infographic to your site, you can include the video right below it as well. This way, your audience can view the same great content in their preferred visual format.
Reasons Why Infographic is Useful to Your Content
Do you want to have the ability to get the attention of your target market effectively? This is definitely something that you can do with the use of the right infographics. You would like to make sure that people will be able to digest the infographics that you can show them so that the details that they will get will be memorable for them.
These are some of the reasons why it is important to use infographics:
- You need to make sure that the infographics will help grab people’s attention. A lot of people are very visual. When you show graphics that are very appealing, people cannot help but look at it and get all of the information that you have placed.
- The use of demographics and other data will allow you to show people that you are an expert in your own company. You know that infographics will be composed not only of data and numbers but also some charts and graphs. The more that you can show your expertise, the more that people will trust you and your company. This is always an important thing. The more that your customers trust you, the more that they would like to become loyal to you.
- You will definitely make complicated information become easier to understand. You know that people need to understand the details and this is only possible if you would show them effective infographics. According to simpleshow, storytelling and visual content is on the rise and using infographics and whiteboard explainer videos are some of the most effective ways to engage with new audiences. When doing this, it’s also important to follow these five simple steps:
1. Choose your main character wisely
2. Give them a supporting cast
3. Ensure there is a clear beginning, middle and end
4. Keep it short and sweet
5. Don’t do lists (unless it’s a list about not doing lists…)
- This can probably improve the overall value of your brand. The right infographics will allow people to know more about you and what you are trying to promote which is your brand. This can make the details about your brand more meaningful. People will begin to understand why your company is important.
- The right infographics can actually be very helpful in making sure that your content will become viral. The more that people will view it, the more that your brand will become easily recognizable. Is this something that you want? Of course, you do. You want your brand to become one of the most sought after in your current industry.
Do remember that in designing infographics, make sure that you will also include a bit of SEO. Having an infographic on your site is great, but if no one can find it — then it’s just another lost piece of content on the internet. This will help your infographics become easier to understand, and be found when people are looking for similar topics in search results or through social media.
If you are going to post your infographics on your site, also be sure to include an embed form/code, so other sites can easily post it onto their sites as well. This will make the process of getting new backlinks and social shares back to your site a whole lot easier.
With all of this now in mind, why not start with the process of creating an infographic for your own site! If you don’t already have a website or blog, click here to follow our quick and easy tutorial on how to get started.